Effective Date: March 29, 2021
Ownership of Website Content
Unless otherwise noted, all photographs, pictures, graphics, and all other images, including digital, printed and video images, and portions thereof, and all content, data, information, news, and all other text and materials, including digital, printed and audio, along with the layout and design of the Website and all documentation, data, services, features, products and other content at the Website (collectively, “Website Content”) are protected by the copyright laws of the United States and other jurisdictions. All Website Content is owned by, or licensed to, PEM. Website Content may not be reproduced, modified, redistributed or otherwise used in any way without a written license with the applicable Website Content owner.
Use of Website Content
PEM trademarks, including the trademarks “Peabody Essex Museum,” “PEM,” the logo, all page headers, graphics, images, symbols, trade names and other PEM marks found at the Website are the proprietary property of PEM (collectively the “Marks”). Use of the Marks is strictly prohibited without the prior written consent of PEM.
The trademarks of third parties may also appear on the Website from time to time; you may not use these trademarks without prior written permission of their respective owners. You acknowledge and agree that nothing on the Website grants, expressly or implicitly, by estoppel or otherwise, any right or license to use any of these trademarks, nor may anything be construed to mean that PEM has authority to grant any right or license on behalf of any third-party trademark owner.
You acknowledge and agree that any questions, comments, suggestions, ideas, feedback or other information provided by you to PEM through the Website are not confidential and you grant us a worldwide, royalty-free license to distribute, publish, modify, edit or otherwise use your submissions. PEM shall be entitled to the unrestricted use and dissemination of these submissions for any purpose, commercial or otherwise without any acknowledgement of or compensation to you.
Creating and Terminating Accounts
Links to Other Websites
Limitations and Conditions of Use
- access, solicit, collect or use any personally identifying information about any other users of the Website or anyone else, unless you are expressly authorized to do so by such other person;
- restrict or inhibit others from using the Website;
- transmit to or introduce at the Website any viruses, harmful software, or other modifications or changes to the Website or reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, reverse assemble or modify any Website source or object code or any software or other services or processes accessible through any portion of the Website or Website Content;
- submit, upload, email or otherwise transmit any content or other materials, to or through the Website which (a) is threatening, abusive, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, offensive, or otherwise objectionable, or which may harm minors; (b) infringes or violates the rights of others, or (c) has an advertising, political marketing, promotional or other commercial purpose;
- engage in any activities that interfere with another user’s access to the Website or the proper operation of the Website; or
- distribute or copy any Website Content manually or by using any robot, scraper, crawler, or any other automatic device or process; frame or utilize framing techniques to enclose any Website Content; or use content from our Website in a manner that suggests an unauthorized association with any of our or our licensor’s products, services or brands.
PEM has no obligation to monitor your interaction with the Website, but reserves the right to review or monitor the Website and any user submissions in its sole discretion.
Users Outside of the United States
Disclaimer, Limitation of Liability and Indemnification
The materials, Website Content and services offered on the Website are provided “AS IS” and without warranties of any kind. To the fullest extent permissible pursuant to applicable law, we disclaim all warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of non-infringement, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. We do not warrant that the use of the Website will be uninterrupted or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that the Website or the server(s) that make it available or any advertised or hyperlinked site are free of viruses or other harmful components or that the Website, server(s), or advertised or linked Websites will be accessible at all times. We do not warrant or make any representations regarding the use of the Website or any information contained therein, including Website Content, with respect to correctness, accuracy, reliability, graphics, links or otherwise. You assume the entire cost of all necessary servicing, repair or correction to any equipment you use to access the Website. To the extent that applicable law may not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, the above exclusions may not apply to you.
Documents, information, graphics and other materials appearing on the Website may include technical inaccuracies, miscalculations, typographical errors, and out-of-date information. Use of such documents, information, graphics or other materials is at your own risk.
Choice of Law and Forum
Severability and Enforceability
Termination and Exclusion
By email: email@example.com
By visiting this page on our website: https://www.pem.org/privacy
By phone number: (978) 745-9500
By mail: Peabody Essex Museum, 161 Essex Street, Salem, MA 01970