Do you have any spaces available for daytime events?
As of August 1, 2016, the Bartlett and Copeland Galleries are unavailable for daytime or evening events due to our expansion project. The Atrium is available for evening events throughout the project, which is expected to last through 2019.
What does the rental fee include?
The rental fee includes the following:
- Exclusive use of the contracted areas during specified times.
- Peabody Essex Museum staff stationed to accept deliveries 2 hours prior to your event.
- Peabody Essex Museum security staff.
- Maintenance staff to set up and break down your event.
- Standard tables and chairs. Upgrade to a fruitwood chair is available for $4 per chair.
- A Peabody Essex Museum facilitator will be present at the time of your event to direct the caterer and other vendors as needed. The facilitator is present to ensure harmony before and during the event and to protect the museum facility and collections. The facilitator does not assume the duties of a professional coordinator.
Is the museum air conditioned?
Yes, the museum does have air conditioning.
Is parking available?
Yes, there is ample parking in a municipal lot directly on New Liberty Street directly across from our Essex Street entrance and the New Liberty Street parking garage one block over. Valet parking is not required.
Can I use candles?
To protect the museum facility and collections any type of flame is not permitted. Battery operated votives can be used.
Our list of approved caterers and more detailed information
Download more information (PDF) about our guidelines and requirements.